I spent most of the morning in the garden fixing up the flowerbed out the back. It is now almost done. A hedge still needs trimming, and once I do that I have a couple more beech trees to take out. That will have to wait though as I now have so many bags of rubbish that it will take me weeks to get rid of them all.
I spent the afternoon sewing, making a small baby quilt. I had one made up for this particular baby but still can’t decide how to quilt it so I decided to make something simpler. I did some London Squares in batiks. I managed to get the top finished, pinned and ready to quilt in one afternoon. It has the added benefit of being one of my 1000 blocks – so two birds with one stone and all that. I think too that this is not something that would look good as a smaller block.